Sunday, June 15, 2008

Picture of the Week--Straddling the Hemispheres


Here's the first official Picture of the Week!  This was taken a few weeks ago when my friends Kymberly and Justin were in town visiting.  On this particular day we went to Greenwich, which you may know is the home of Greenwich Mean Time where all time is measured from (though it is called Universal Time now).  This is the home of the Prime Meridian, which means that it is the marker of the Western and Eastern Hemispheres. 

For someone who gets pretty excited from little things like state lines (um, that's me), the hemisphere line was AMAZING.  I got to straddle the hemispheres, say "meet you in the Eastern Hemisphere," run from one hemisphere to the other, and talk about that time I was in that "other hemisphere.  So, basically, your typically dorky Sara-stuff.  

Anyway, hope you enjoy seeing me in both hemispheres.  I know I enjoyed my visit to them. 

No comments: