Monday, January 28, 2008

Kickin' it in London


Well, it has been a little while since I posted, mainly because not a lot has been going on. I've been here in London for about 3 weeks (my how time flies), and haven't really been doing a whole lot. I finally was able to go to my agency, Tender, on Friday. I think I will be getting to work on some VDay stuff, so that's cool. And it makes me harken back to my college days, and the Vagina Monologues. It's the 10-year anniversary of VDay, and they are doing some pretty cool things in the States (you can see here).
Other than that I have been to a few classes, done some homework, and done a lot of walking around London. I've been to Central London several times, plus a great Mexican restaurant in Notting Hill. On Sunday, I went to Brick Lane, which is the home of curry in London. It was a a great area, with a lot of street vendors, and people just out and about. London is an absolutely huge city, with so many different ethic groups, I think it would take years to explore. But, I'm doing the best I can.
I must say it is quite a different experience to that of Jamaica, and it is taking me a little longer to see need. I know it is here, just as there is need in the United States, and any other developed country. It is just that in Jamaica, the poverty was always in your face. I suspect once I get involved in my agency some more I won't have trouble spotting the need.
Beyond that I don't have much knew to report. I am updating some of the picture links to the left. I have a new iPhoto websharing program, so I am uploading pictures using that. It is a better version of the Photocasts I tried to do in Jamaica. They will also be on Picassa for the time being, until I run out of space. But, they look much prettier in the program.

I think that's about all I have for now. Hopefully my next update will be more, um, exciting.

No comments: