Sunday, January 13, 2008

Jolly Ol'England

Hello!

It has taken me a little bit to get up a new post, but I have been very busy.  Alexis and I traveled around Jamaica for my last week getting home on December 23rd. After enjoying a relaxing few days, things got crazy.  I went to KC to see Monica, Debra, Kymberly, Justin, et al., as well as Alexis' new place.  Then it was back to De Soto, and St. Louis for my last five days, including Anne-Marie's graduation party the first weekend in January.  All of this is quite boring to read about I'm sure, but it's my rather long winded way of proving how busy I was. And I did all of that as a lead up to my apology that if I didn't get a chance to see you over the holidays I am sorry.  I wanted to see everyone, and I simply didn't have enough time when I was in St. Louis to see many people.  I guess you all will just have to come to London! 

Speaking of London, I am all moved in and starting classes tomorrow.  I am at Roehampton University in Southwest London, south of the Thames.  I am near Putney, Barnes, and Wimbeldon.  It is about 30 to 45 minutes from campus to the area where the London Eye, Houses of Parliment, Big Ben, etc. are.  I have been into Central London twice since I have been here, as well as Putney and Hammersmith, both which are short bus rides away.  

The campus is quite beautiful, though I have been seeing it through the haze of rain.  The rumors are true: it does rain quite a bit in London. It also gets dark by 4 pm and it is cold.  I can't report on classes yet or my service yet, but I will find out more about both tomorrow.  

I think that's all I have to report for now.  The internet is much more reliable here so I hope to meet my one post a week goal.  We'll see.  

I hope everyone is enjoying the new year, and remember you are all welcome to stay with me in London anytime. 

No comments: