Sunday, November 11, 2007

I must apologize...

I have to apologize for the long-ness between my posts. I have been very (very) busy. To start of with, I spent a week traveling around the island. It was great, but also what one might call the calm before the storm! I went to Montego Bay, which if you have ever docked in Jamaica on a cruise ship, you have probably been here. I stayed on the "hip strip," which is hip with tourists. Seriously, outside of the accents, I almost forgot I was in Jamaica. But, I went into the town of Montego Bay and it was like a mini-Kingston. I also visited the Jamaicans for Justice office in Mo' Bay and had a delightful conversation with its one employee, Joy. She is a former counselor and it doing great things in the office. I also went White Water Rafting while in Mo' Bay, which was so much fun. Our guide was awesome (and cute!), and we flipped over, got stuck in some rocks, and saw a beautiful waterfall. I didn't have a camera, but one of our fellow rafters took some pictures. We exchanged email addresses, so hopefully I will get some copies.

Upon leaving Mo'Bay, we headed to Negril. Negril has beautiful white sandy beaches and great sunsets. It was a relaxing few days before heading back to the grind. Well, I did manage to bruise my foot, fall on my shoulder, and get coral stuck in my fingers, but other than that is was relaxing.

That was the last full week in October, and since returning I have been completely bogged down in school work. I had a major history presentation this week, so all of last weekend was spent at the University of the West Indies library. It hasn't let up as I have several other papers to complete.

I must also apologize for the lack of pictures and insightful commentary this post. This probably wasn't so much fun to read. I am going to try and post again soon. Since I will begin to conduct my interviews for my thesis in the following weeks, I am sure I will have a lot to comment on. Also, I am leaving soon, and I am sure I will start reflecting more and more with each passing week.

That's all I have for now. More soon come, though!

No comments: