Sunday, August 19, 2007

A new adventure...

So here is the happy post I promised. It is going to be pretty short as I need to unpack and get ready for this Hurricane-thingy that is heading Jamaica's way. I had a great week at my M.A. Orientation in Atlanta this week. My classmates have proved to be great people thus far. They are very inclusive which is awesome! I also met a couple of my profs and I am quite looking forward to learning from them. I also have to give a shout-out to Martha and Romelle (who has answered all of my million questions) from the International Partnership of Service-Learning. All around a great group.

I am in Jamaica and with my host family. Kingston is interesting as it is somewhat developed with fast-food restaurants but there is also a lot of poverty. And this is just from my trip here!

I'll post a lot more details later once I have had time to process them!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Sara. I miss you like crazy. It has finally hit that you are not going to be here ever again. It really is sad. I know that things change and people leave, but it doesn't feel the same without you here. Things are so different. I mean we had one semester without you working, but you were still around and you had transitioned Melissa. Now you both are just completely gone. I haven't met the new person yet...assuming there is one. I have stayed in touch with Heather...hoping to still stay involved with Alternative Breaks...but they won't be the same. I hope you are having a wonderful time and do GREAT things!!!! Thanks for all you did...at school and with me personally!!! Love you!

Bethany

p.s. never forget the first time we met...WD40!!!!